Never has there ever been a recipe as easy as mug cake. The internet offers you a wide range of recipes, but just a few of them are actually reliable. Why? The addition of an egg to the batter is absolutely a no-go. It’ll make the mug cake rather spongy and mushy, and that’s not the way you want a cake to taste. Adding additional baking powder to the self-raising flour makes the cake dense and airy, just the way you like it.
Can’t get enough? Then go ahead and add some M&M’s, Oreo chunks or chocolate chips to your batter. The sky is the limit!
- 40g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 10g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30g caster sugar
- 20g unsalted butter, melted and cooled down
- 5 – 6 tbsp milk
- In a large mug, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter along with the milk and mix to a smooth batter. If the batter is too solid, don’t hesitate to add some more milk. If desired, add some chocolate chips or whatever you like.
- Bake the mug cake about 1 minute 40 seconds on 900W in the microwave, or until the batter has turned into a lovely cake-y structure.